2/24/2013

Kansas City Bracket


TOPEKA BRACKET  |  MANHATTAN BRACKET  |  LAWRENCE BRACKET  |  KANSAS CITY BRACKET

For those of you that haven't been able to check it out yet, here is the post that explains the premise of what I am doing today. But for those of you who want to save the time, it's basically just like Selection Sunday for the NCAA Tournament. Except I pick 64 of the best teams in the state of Kansas and pit them together in four brackets that resembles the NCAA field. I have selected 16 "automatic qualifiers" from the smaller classes to make sure everyone is represented.  The final 48 spots were the teams that I felt deserved it the most based on quality of wins, strength of schedule and final record. I also tried to create match-ups that we haven't seen this season and pit teams from different parts of the state and different classifications against one another because I thought that would make things more interesting. This is a fictional tournament, after all, so I figured why not create match-ups that we probably will never see?

I hope that you can enjoy this as much as I did putting it all together. There are a lot of intriguing "What-If" type of scenarios in these brackets and I hope that it can create a healthy debate for everyone on who would win these fictional match-ups. Feel free to print these out, fill them in and send me a picture on my Twitter at @teldridge24. After I release the other three brackets, I will post a final one that should be printable and have all four sides of the bracket that you can fill out.

The next bracket will be released at 7 p.m. with the next two coming out at 7:30 and 8. Be sure to keep it right here at Keeper of the Hoops for this unique experience. You can also check this out at Sports In Kansas. Enjoy!


Feel free to print this out and fill it in to send in to me or you can just Tweet me who your winners are at @teldridge24 or leave a comment at the bottom of this post. Tell me who you got in the Sweet 16, Elite 8 and the Final 4!

4 comments:

  1. Avila College is in Missouri, need to hold it at KCKCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless I missed it, don't see KC Harmon in any bracket. Last years 5A runner up. See a few teams with losing records.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I think the four sites would have to be Topeka, Hays or Salina, Hutchinson or Dodge City, Emporia or Hartman Arena Wichita. I understand the draw of KSU, KU, and WSU as sites, but it would become difficult to schedule those sites all together vs. other arenas. Also, it would benefit the business communities better at these locations.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog